Tuesday, June 25, 2013

'RESET!'

Wow...back from a much needed, incredibly relaxing, completely rewarding vacation!!!  We didn't go to a theme park or anything like that...just a quiet place with friends, campfires, bike rides, flying kites, fishing, playing catch, and smores...not to mention the piano by the huge picture windows overlooking a pond. (I always come up with a lot of ideas for a piano instrumental album.  New one due out this fall.)


SO good to get away for a bit. It makes me ready and eager to come back. It sort of cleanses my mind and lets me 'reset' and get excited about my work again.  It gets me away from deadlines, emails, phone calls, scheduling, calendars...all of that...and lets me focus on my wife and kids and my music!  It's good for the soul, and good for the job, too.

This time of year always reminds me how I need to step back and find a quiet place from time to time to just 'rest.' If I only do that once a year, I am simply not going to be at my best for my family, my work, my music, or myself.  Gotta do it more often, even if just for a moment.

ANYway...that's the reason for the two-week hiatus. Felt good. :-)

Other stuff...

If you're like me, you're probably responsible for a lot more than just showing up and playing music on Sunday. Sound equipment falls under my responsibilities, too.  I love it, though.  I'm often on the look-out for different ways to organize and setup sound gear to make it better for everyone involved. Here are a couple of things we've done recently to help out in a few areas:

Mic stands - some are bulky; some are heavy. It can be cumbersome to transport many at a time from one place to another.  Check this out...I think it's ingenious:

 


http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/M_Series_Mic_Cases/MC-550/MC-550_cutsheet.shtml



Another issue is monitors. We have some really nice JBLs that double as monitors and mains. They don't quite angle upward enough, though, so we added a wedge underneath each one for them to rest upon.  Easy to make (thanks, dad) and inexpensive..and helpful:

 

Just thought I'd share those with you. If you have any other ideas, let me know and I'll share them.

Look for song suggestions on Thursday for the next few weeks. (Gotta catch up!!!)

Be sure to check out the sidebar for new products and offers at voicesasone.com

Thanks all!  Peace!

Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment