Monday, July 15, 2013

Some Simple Melodies...

I know I say this all the time...but I just love to hear the assembly sing.  A simple, moving song can really help draw people into singing wholeheartedly.  I thought I'd share two songs from this past week at my parish.  We sang them at all the masses, but these two clips are from the 6:00pm mass.

Lord, You Have the Words (Bolduc) - WLP 
This is probably the easiest refrain to sing that I have ever composed. Something about it, though, seems to really work. There are no harmonies on the refrain at all; it's all unison. The whole thing works well with a 'hushed' tone, until verse 3 where it can get pretty strong.

 
 
 
 
Every time we do this song...seriously...people come up and ask about it.  The verse melody is practically one note!  One note!  Yet, it's amazingly beautiful with the simple, yet colorful, chord changes underneath it all. The song really seems to build to perfectly from the Pre-Chorus ("You are worthy") right into the refrain.  Give this song a try...keep it simple...and I think your assembly will love it! I know it's available at CCLI.com, and the above link takes you to Paul's leadworship.com website.



1 comment:

  1. We sing "Lord You Have the Words" all the time, love it! Haven't used the other one...will add it to our list!

    ReplyDelete